From:
Melissa English <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 14:02:00 PST
Currently, the best-known and most often used model is the
PRECEDE-PROCEED model. It is comprised of nine phases or steps. The
first five phases, which make up the PRECEDE portion of the model, are
used for diagnosis. The last four phases, the PROCEED portion, are for
implementation and evaluation (process, impact, and outcome) steps. The
approach in this model is to identify the desired outcome and work
backwards to determine the cause that would lead to this desired
outcome.
             Melissa English