From:
Keith Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 17:00:37 +1100
Monica,
In regard to point 2 it seems to me that any programme's success will only be so providing
it has top down support from its administrators. That sustainability will not normally
happen without this occuring. There may be the vision and there may be the will, yet
without strong political support which rises above the immediate vested interests of
sickness and money, health promotion is quite unlikely to keep momentum. From what i have
heard about your conservative government, I sense that you people in Victoria haven't had
that for some years now. Just a personal observation though.
I am willing to publicise your request in the Physical Activity for Mental Health list
here in Australia if you would like to go that way. The list has a fair proportion of
health promotion workers, mainly in NSW ( Australia). The www address for the list is
http://www.topica.com/lists/bicycle
sincerely,
kate walker
(newcastle. nsw)