From:
Mary Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 09:23:46 -0500
In the USA rural south, the African-American church is used as a health
promotion and prevention delivery sight (cardiovascular -- hypertensive
programs (exercise, nutrition, salt control, weight control), cancer
screening, drug and alcohol prevention for youth and adults, etc.
Significant outcomes have been obtained.  Would suggest a middle sized
African-American church which does not have too much structure in a
non-urban area to start.  Fits in nicely with the African-American culture.
 For more information contact [log in to unmask] -- Mary Sutherland