Sender:
From:
"Rasmussen, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 10:06:30 -0700
Dear Penney:

I would be very interested in obtaining a copy of your bibliography.

The Capital Health Authority (covering Edmonton, AB and surrounding
muncipaliites) conducted a pubic opinion survey last fall to assess public
opinion on banning smoking in a variety of public locations including
restaurants, bars, recreation facilities, hospitals, workplaces. The survey
also assessed public knowledge of secondhand smoke, beliefs about what
smokers might do and opinions about helping people quit. As part of our
evaluation of our bylaw campaign we will repeat the survey to see if public
attitudes, knowledge and beliefs have changed. We are planning a bylaw
campaign in the next month.

The survey was developed by for the Calgary Tobacco Reduction Alliance by
Karen Then of the University of Calgary and was first used in Calgary. For
more information regarding the instument contact:
Karen Then
Faculty of Nursing
University of Calgary
Phone:  1 403 220 8542