Sender:
From:
frank timmermans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:32:25 -0800
Dennis,

I made this argument earlier in the discussion based on how my Canadian
clinical colleagues, not just physicians, feel but also on international
experience. The Australian experience is perhaps closest to ours.  Australia
is 10 or 15 years further down the road and has a truly 2 tier system even
though that was not the intent in the first place. At least they did not
want to impoverish the public system in terms of resources but that is
exactly what has happened. A quick walk through the public and private wings
of even the same hospital there are enlightening. I don't know whether you
can find the hard evidence you are looking for but Australia may be a good
start. Maybe there is an Australian out there who can help.

Frank Timmermans