CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:18:06 -0500
from: tdr-scientists list:

We have recently gone on line with a new Internet web site to announce the
International Conference on Health Research for Development that is
jointly organised by WHO, the World Bank, the Global Forum for Health
Research, and the Council on Health Research for Development. It will be
held from 10 to 13 October 2000 in Bangkok. No doubt a variety of
stakeholders in your region will take an active interest in the conference
and the action plan for the first decade of the new millennium it will
adopt to make health research more effective and to achieve greater equity
in health.

You can find the web site at http://www.conference2000.ch It gives all the
latest information about the conference, the issues, participants,
preparations, targets and outcomes expected, especially for the developing
world.

When you visit the site you will share our belief that this will certainly
be the conference of the decade on health research for development and one
not to miss. Those who cannot attend, for one reason or another, can still
tune in to a lot of useful information, thanks to the web site. We will
update it regularly so that interested parties can keep up with the
extensive analytical and consultative preparatory process with inputs from
around the world, including your region of course.

Visit Conference2000 today and keep coming back to make sure you and your
colleagues throughout the region have got the latest information.

The Organising Committee
Ref: "Networking for t.d.r." http://www.who.int/tdr/kh/res_link.html