From:
"Stirling, Alison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 10:30:22 -0400
This message is being cross-posted from Community-Health list as it
touches on an issue that has been discussed on Click4HP - working with
homeless people.
Will "education materials" be enough to respond to problems of extreme
temperatures for people without the basic necessities of life? Perhaps a
variety of strategies and approaches may be suggested to this person.
The valuable work that has been done by Street Health in Toronto (where
Cathy Crowe writes from) comes to mind as 'an organization to be
contacted for information'.

 In addition, I would welcome a discussion here on appropriate
strategies in health promotion.  Recently there has been attention to
"settings" approaches to health promotion (workplaces, schools, the
state, "communities") - but very little discussion on the 'settings' of
the street, or  rural, northern or isolated community or participation
of the people involved.

Looking forward to a lively discussion!

Alison Stirling