From:
DK Project <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 17:11:05 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 03:44:47 -0500
From: Mike Canales <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Dr. Koop's Community

Empower Health is pleased to announce the launch of Dr. Koop's Community

(http://www.drkoop.com), a new site dedicated to providing consumers
with reliable health care information with opportunities to interact
with care providers on the Web.

Dr. Koop's Community is a project of Empower Health, a company led by
Dr. C. Everett Koop and others who are dedicated to improving the
quality of people's lives by empowering them to improve their health.
Dr. Koop serves as chairman of the board.

The site is built on the premise that only through better information
and communication can people achieve the best understanding of their own

health, medical conditions, and care options.  We believe that you and
the members of your newsgroup can play an important part in this
process, by sharing valuable information and insights through message
forums and chat rooms in Dr. Koop's Community.

I would like to extend a formal invitation to you and your members to
become a part of our community.  If you have any questions or comments,
or would like to suggest a chat or message forum topic, please don't
hesitate to contact me.  Please feel free to post this in your
newsgroup.

Kind regards,

Mike Canales
Chat & Forum Administrator, Dr. Koop's Community