From:
Monica Petzoldt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 11:29:59 -0500
Way to respond Dennis on the issue of "poor parenting", when they send
monies to parenting programs they are usually for the single parent(mom) who
is seen to be lacking in all areas.  What has always been interesting to me
as a single parent, is that when I was with my partner (who was an abusive
man) I had all the skills I required.  Now that I am lacking a mate I am
also seen lacking in other areas, such as parenting, budgeting, cooking and
nutrition skills.  What is really lacking is the money and a firm believe in
all children to not only basically survive but to thrive.  I don't need to
know 5 ways to cook a chicken, I just need the goddamn money to buy the
chicken!!

Thanks for listening.
Monica