From:
Karly Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 15:05:45 -0400
We are currently looking for organizations which
are working specifically in the areas of the girl
child and Information technology, in the hopes
of identifying "who's doing what" (specifically online)
in the area of young women's rights.

A client of ours is looking into possibly developing a
girl child "electronic network", but before moving too
quickly, a quick environmental scan and review of
existing efforts in this field is seen as important.

We would gladly consider any International initiatives,
but are specifically looking for any work being done in
providing young Canadian women with online space to
deal with the various issues affecting them, including
education,health, violence, labour exploitation, gender
differences, etc.

We would greatly appreciate any information, URLs,
Listserv names, organizations, etc.

For example, we are aware of cyberisle (Teennet), the
efforts of Web Networks in providing a "Women'sWeb",
and some International women's rights advocacy sites
and projects ... but we're hungry for more!

Thank you in advance for your help. You can Email me
a reply at the address below.

--
Karly Holmes ([log in to unmask])
The Alder Group