From:
Celeste Wincapaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 09:30:14 -0700
The Montreal Health Press, a women’s collective producing handbooks on
healthy sexuality for over thirty years, urgently requires your support!

Since its origin in 1968, when a group of courageous students at McGill
University produced the first Birth Control Handbook, the Montreal Health
Press has been providing Canadian and American men and women with
information on health, sexuality, reproductive rights—not only the facts but
the analysis and social context which give meaning to the facts.
The Health Press distributes four handbooks in English and French: Birth
Control Handbook, STD Handbook, Sexual Assault, and Menopause Handbook. Each
one, regularly updated, has been at the vanguard, setting the standard for
debate and for community services.  Over 15 million copies of the handbooks
have been distributed, making them amongst the most successful titles in
Canadian publishing history. In 1997, we launched completely revised
editions of the Menopause Handbook and Sexual Assault, and the Montreal
Health Press was the recipient of the CARAL Choice Award. This year, we
published the 30th anniversary edition of Birth Control Handbook, and
updated our STD Handbook.

The Health Press has always operated as a non-profit organization and as a
collective, providing the handbooks to health and educational organizations
for their clientele at the lowest possible price. Because of cutbacks to
public spending and rising costs in general, our struggle to survive has
become critical.  We are unable to reprint the Handbooks which are out of
stock (Sexual Assault and Contrôle des Naissances) without confirmed orders
or other financial backing.

We urgently need support from individuals and organizations, either in the
form of contributions or orders for our books.
Contributions can be made directly to the Montreal Health Press. Those who
desire tax receipts ($10 or more) can make a donation to A Votre Santé, our
sister organization which supports community education on health and
sexuality.

Ordering information is included below and can also be gotten from our web
site http://www.worldsfinest.com/mhp, or by calling 514-282-1171, or our
toll-free number 877-282-1171.

If you know of other individuals, clinics or community groups who might be
able to help, please pass this message along. The Health Press relies on
your support!

Ordering Information:
Single copies: $5 each, cheque or money order.
Bulk orders can be as low as $1/copy. Check our web site or call for
details.
Give a copy to someone whose health you care about!

Montreal Health Press
P.O. Box 1000, Station Place du Parc
Montreal, QC
Canada H2W 2N1
Tel: 514-282-1171, toll-free 877-282-1171
Fax: 514-282-0262
http://www.worldsfinest.com/mhp