From:
"Cogdon, Ann" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 18:33:04 -0400
A request....
The Central Regional Health Board in Nova Scotia has been investigating the
components of a health promoting organization and we're now ready to start
rolling this out to our staff and volunteers for their review and input (and
buy-in!).  Staff emcompasses those working in hospital settings, public
health, drug dependency, a multi-service centre clinic, community health
boards, and partners in the long term care and home care areas.  I'm
wondering if anyone has gone down this road before and has some insights on
the process we should consider.  Does anyone have a video or other such
package that would describe a reorientation of health services to one which
is more health promoting?  I'd appreciate any advise you can offer.

Anne Cogdon
Director of Community Health
Dartmouth and Southeastern
Dartmouth General Hospital Site