From:
"Stirling, Alison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 17:00:02 -0500
[apologies for cross-posting - we wish to spread our news widely!]

Recently, there have been alot of changes at OPC (Ontario Prevention
Clearinghouse) and the organizations sharing the space and systems on the
19th floor at 180 Dundas Street West.  It has meant that OPCs email server
and website, and main telephone number have been affected or changed.
However, I am pleased to say that OPC has come through and is back in
action.  Please note our new phone number - 416-408-2249, and that some of
our email 'lists' and distribution groups will be reactivated by Monday
March 26th.

The Toronto operational office of the Canadian Health Network was shut down
in late November 2000 and moved to Health Canada in Ottawa.  Innovaction,
the organization that managed the CHN Toronto office and most of our
internal services, significantly downsized following the loss of CHN.  Many
changes have been happened since then, and with all changes, a few growing
pains. For any of you who may not be aware, Bryan Hayday left OPC in late
February (there's an announcement about him moving on at
http://www.opc.on.ca/new.html#Long).  Fortunately, we are back in action,
moving into the new fiscal year with renewed energy and looking forward to
working with you.

Some of you may have found it difficult to reach anyone at OPC over the past
few weeks. In early March, OPC's email server and website server were moved
to new machines and then could not be restarted for about 10 days. The
systems are now restored and our email is flowing.   We also have a new main
telephone number (the previous one belonged to Innovaction), so please -
make note of it in your contact information.

The Ontario Health Promotion Email (OHPE) Bulletin was **not** affected by
the server changes at OPC as it had moved out and had been set up with its
own 'domain' name, email addresses and subscription list (the OHPE Bulletin
left home and is on its own!).  You can find the fabulous website, database
of all 200 issues, manage your subscription, and contact the editorial team
through one easy Internet website - http://www.ohpe.ca  To reach the
editorial team, and Noelle Gadon the editor, please contact  [log in to unmask]
(news, job postings, resources, feature articles are very welcome!)  or for
information and subscription help, contact  [log in to unmask]

Keep in touch!

Alison

Alison Stirling, health promotion consultant
OPC- Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]  Internet: http://www.opc.on.ca
NEW PHONE NUMBER 416-408-2249 & new extension 226
toll-free 1(800) 263-2846   Fax 416-408-2122
Suite 1900, 180 Dundas St. W. Toronto ON M5G 1Z8.