From:
"Hicks, Jennifer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:16:00 -0500
Hello,

Thanks you Julia for this very valuable resource.

I am a Speech-Language Pathologist currently working in health care in
Toronto. I have recently become quite attracted to the notion of
preventative practice, and am trying to learn more about the field of health
promotion in consideration of making a career shift/change. I have
researched various educational programs and web-resources, but am
particularly interested in hearing from anyone who might be willing to share
their experiences about:

- how you became involved in this field
- why you enjoy working in the field
- what your educational background is
- what the job market in this field is like, and whether this area is
considered a growth industry
- what your employment opportunities/responsibilities have been
- what you would recommend for someone starting out

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help!,

Jennifer Hicks