From:
"Kalda, Robyn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2008 14:56:44 -0400
That is interesting -- also bizarre and, as you say, unpleasant. I
wonder what their problem was?  Was it the cause itself (although Fair
Vote seems pretty innocuous to me) or was it purely a control thing?  I
mean - ushers? Security? "Supervisors"? At an ACM?  This was a
"community" event??? How are you supposed to engage with your neighbours
and local candidates in that sort of environment?

Side note: I do think democratic processes and engagement are a side of
health promotion, so I don't think this is off-topic for Click4HP.
Essentially: how can we ensure ACMs support healthy communities and
civic engagement instead of discouraging it?

Robyn