From:
Sherrie Tingley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 12:05:40 -0500
On Monday, December 29, 1997 3:42 PM, Brian Hyndman, The Health
Communication Unit[SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:

Brian,

The Health and Homelessness piece sounds great, is it up on the net
somewhere that we could read it and point to it?  Or is there some way to
get a copy?

Often when we speak as poor people it help to have the support of pieces
such as this one to support our stories beyond just he individual.

> Dennis,
>
> Congratulations on the acceptance of your timely and
> provocative letter. Having tried, and apparently failed, to
> interest the Toronto Star in publishing an
> OPHA-commissioned piece on the public health impacts of
> homelessness{snip}

I am happy that some recent initiatives (e.g.,
> CPHA's response to the MAI) recognize the fact that the
> realization of social justice within a given set of borders
> (be it Ontario, the United Kingdom or anywhere) ultimiately
> depends on a global commitment to policies that ensure access
> to the basic prerequisites of health.

Have many people looked at social and economic rights as part of the answer
to addressing a commitment to policies that ensure access to the basic
prerequisites of health?

Thanks,

--
Sherrie Tingley