From:
theresa schumilas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 13:27:23 -0500
"He" shouldn't do anything.  I'd assume that any "health promoter" would
have been using an action research approach to such a study -- so the
'actions' wouldn't come from a list of options created by an academic - but
from community discussion and ownership.

If "he" took any of these actions - "he" would be acting from a sense of
professional prestige and perceived expert power - which would (at best)
only consolidate others motivated in the same way,  and (at worst) further
reinforce the acceptability of disempowering conditions - which caused the
the problem in the first place.

Do I win the prize? :)

Theresa Schumilas
Director