From:
"Ardiles, Paola" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2012 16:30:14 -0700
FYI

From: Sam Bradd [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2012 8:57 PM
To: Sam Bradd
Subject: Call for submissions: Graphic History Project- comics about political histories

Hello:
I'm pleased to co-announce the launch of the Graphic History Project, bringing together comics, history, and activism.
The project is looking for artists, writers, designers and academics who want to create new comics that share politically relevant histories. Please share the callout with your networks.

In solidarity,
- Sam

Illustrate! Educate! Organize! Get involved in the Graphic History Project.

Paul Buhle and the Graphic History Collective call for activists, artists, academics, and designers to participate in the Graphic History Project. Our intention is to produce new, politically relevant graphic histories to help inspire resistance and action.

How can you get involved?

Our vision is to collect, on a volunteer basis, a number of short-10 pages max- graphic histories of resistance that illuminate the various ways peoples from a diversity of backgrounds and experiences have fought for economic and social justice around the world. From organizing unions and waging militant strikes to forming women's and queer caucus and erecting barricades on indigenous reserves/reservations to block gas oil pipelines, we would like to highlight peoples important stories of struggle throughout history. Ideally, graphic histories will be made available together online in a series or, depending on final submission, collected, edited, and published with a progressive press.  To get a sense of what is out there currently that we would want to build on and add a historical element to, is the Cartoon Movement's comic section: http://www.cartoonmovement.com/comic.

We are looking for pitches or ideas by 21 November 2012. Projects do not have to be completed until September 2013.
Please see attached and visit http://www.graphichistorycollective.wordpress.com.