From:
Michel O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 17:17:43 -0500
>*** Dear Alan,

Other places have worked on health promotion competencies as well: in
the same issue, there is another paper by Helen Rance and Helen
McCracken presenting a similar process for New-Zealand with useful
refernces for other countries (natably US). The Health Education
authority in UK has done a similar type of job. There are competing
schools of thought about the relevance to use a competencies based
approcah to design curricula. The same issue of Promotion and
education touches upon it (March 2000, to be released within a few
weeks).

Michel O'Neill, co guest editor of the special issue on Traning in
Health Promotion of Promotion and Education. ***

>Dear Alan
>
>We were involved in developing competencies in Western Australia
>(and in other States) several years ago.  They have undergone
>some revision in recent years, and we were planning to undertake a
>major review of them this year.
>
>We have prepared a paper that is to be published in the IUHPE
>Journal ( Promotion and Education) soon, that outlines how we
>have used the competencies in designing our academic courses at
>Curtin University.
>
>Regards
>Peter Howat

Une tres bonne journee !

Michel O'Neill, Ph.D.

Professeur titulaire et Codirecteur, Groupe de recherche et d'intervention
en promotion de la sante (GRIPSUL), Faculte des Sciences infirmieres;
Codirecteur, Centre quebecois collaborateur de l'OMS pour le developpement
de villes et villages en sante / Quebec WHO Collaborating Center for the
development of healthy cities and towns;
4108-J Pavillon Comtois, Universite Laval, Quebec, Qc, Canada, G1K 7P4.
tel: +1-(418)-656-2131 #7431; telecopieur: +1-(418)-656-7747
Courrier electronique: [log in to unmask]