From:
Jean-Marc Dupont <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 08:07:05 -0400
Thank you to Dennis Raphael for the Globe and Mail article in yesterday's postings.. I would like to also take the opportunity to let people know that if they are interested in more information on what communities can do to help children prepare for their "tranisition to school", they will find much useful information on the web site "Growing Healthy Canadians: A
Guide to Positive Child Development". I think I may have announced on this list when the resource became available (if so, excuse this posting).
It can be found at http://www.growinghealthykids.com (to skip the introductory survey, just click on the icon on the bottom of that first page as the instructions clearly state) and is organized under the four main transitions which children and youth navigate. These include the transitions to the first year of life, to school, to adolescence and to adulthood.

The transition to school can be found at http://www.growinghealthykids.com/T2.htm

Cheers all,

JM

--