From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2003 20:33:27 -0400
Choices:  Ideas for Shared Prosperity
NOVEMBER 5, 2002 VOLUME VIII NUMBER 9

As health care costs rise and we scramble for solutions,
there are louder cries from the health community, echoed by
some political leaders and the media, for all of us to be more

"responsible" about our lifestyle and habits. To keep ourselves healthy, we are called upon to exercise more, eat a balanced diet, stop smoking, and manage our stress. All of these are laudable goals, but two experts who were recently invited to Maine are advising us to address far more fundamental causes of poor health in our population.... http://www.mecep.org/pdfs/ch029_inequality_bad_for_health.pdf dr