Sender:
From:
David R Sewell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 22:51:07 -0700
As of May, the University of California Press announced it is out of
stock of my MARK TWAIN'S LANGUAGES: DISCOURSE, DIALOGUE, AND
LINGUISTIC VARIETY (1987), and will not be reprinting it.  They've
reverted publication rights to me, and I'm thinking about keeping in
"in print" by producing an edition in PDF format that could be sold at
very low cost (on the order of $5-$10). Because this would take a lot
of preliminary work with scanning/OCR (the computer files are long
gone), I'd appreciate direct feedback from anybody who might be
interested in an eventual PDF copy.

Meanwhile, the last five print copies are up for auction via
amazon.com:

http://auctions.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/auction-glance/Y03X3357993X3382346

In case anyone is wondering, I've been away from Mark Twain studies
for quite a few years (and from English departments for that matter),
but I hope that MTL still stands up reasonably well--apart from the
excresences of a young writer try to show off what he thought he knew
about semiotics, it's a book I'm still pleased to have written.

David Sewell
Tucson, Baja Arizona