Sender:
From:
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 1992 08:46:49 -0700
When I was at the Mark Twain Project, a machine-readable form of
Huck was received from a German scholar and I loaded it on our
UNIX system and had a program do an occurence list for every word.
The files are now on tape at the Project.

In addition, anything now coming out of the project is in machine-
readable form, and I think it would be worthwhile to discuss with
the project how to get those authoritative versions of texts onto
Project Gutenberg and other text banks, rather than use less
authoritative texts from previous publications.

The Mark Twain Project can be reached at [log in to unmask]

Paul Machlis