From:
Jean Murley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 07:45:30 -0400
Dear Twain List;

I'm working on the raft episode in Huck Finn, and I'm looking for
suggestions about scholarly articles on its inclusion/exclusion in the
text.  Anything anybody is aware of would help, but I'm particularly
interested in the debate about whether or not the episode should be
included in the authoritative California-Iowa edition, when that debate
occurred, and the circumstances of the emergence of this editorial and
textual question.  Did we always "know" about the missing passage?  when
and why did it become an issue for scholars?  Thanks, list!

Jean Murley