From:
MKISKIS@SNYESCVA
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 1992 09:10:00 EDT
I looked at the book quickly when it came out - but recall that there was
little new and exciting there.  It seems that we are in need to more clear
and energetic work in the biography than has been part of the last
several year's worth of publications.  Jeff Steinbrink's Getting to be
Mark Twain is a good look at Clemens' Buffalo years.  That's one that
I would recommend - it's out of U. of Cal. Press, Berkeley.