From:
"d.raphael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 10:07:14 PDT
From: Lorraine Khachatourians <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 16:03:54 -0600
Subject: International Journal of Health Promotion
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Here are some interesting items at the International Journal of Health
Promotion site:

>From vision to reality? The Ottawa-charter in Norwegian health policy

The purpose of this article is to scrutinise the Norwegian health promotion
policy in order to study how the ideology of the Ottawa charter has
actually has been put into public policy. The article takes its point of
departure in Norwegian public health policy and how it has been implemented
in the last decades. In this purpose, we draw on theories of Political
science, more specifically theories where the organisation and
implementation of public policy is being scrutinised.

The text of this article can be found at:
http://www.ijhp.org/articles/1999/1/index.htm

This and other articles (click on 'Articles') can be found on the web site
for the International Journal for Health Promotion. It is the electronic
journal of the International Union for Health Promotion and Education and
can be found at:
http://www.ijhp.org/

There are a large number of interesting articles from 1998, including
titles such as:
Developing evidence based health promotion for older people: A systematic
review and survey of health promotion interventions targeting social
isolation and loneliness among older people. M. Cattan

Click on 'Features' and then the Verona Initiative (The Verona Initiative:
Investing for health in the context of economic, social and human
environment) and check out the article:
Social determinants of health: Their relevance in the European context.
(26/9/98) by Bobak M, Blane D, Marmot M

HPLINK Administrator
Lorraine Khachatourians
Visit the Saskatchewan Heart Health Program
Dissemination Phase website at:
http://www.usask.ca/healthsci/che/hhdis

Prairie Region Health Promotion Research Centre
University of Saskatchewan
Visit our centre website at:
http://www.usask.ca/healthsci/che/prhprc

Visit our Web Sites for information and reports from all of our Quality of Life
Projects!
        http://www.utoronto.ca/qol         http://www.utoronto.ca/seniors

   In the early hours I read in the paper of epoch-making projects
   On the part of pope and sovereigns, bankers and oil barons.
   With my other eye I watch
   The pot with the water for my tea
   The way it clouds and starts to bubble and clears again
   And overflowing the pot quenches the fire.

   -- Bertolt Brecht

Dennis Raphael, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Public Health Sciences