From:
Tricia Wilkerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 16:09:23 -0400
Hello!  We are currently trying to develop a list of children's (and youth)
literature that deals with lifestyle issues (primarily nutrition, physical
activity and tobacco).  We hope to share this list with schools throughout
our county.  I am responsible for developing a list of books that talk about
tobacco.  Is anyone aware of any such list that has been developed?  Can
anyone suggest where I could begin?  Are there any children's (youth) books
that talk about tobacco that you could recommend?  We are looking for a
range of books for all ages (ages 4 through to ages 18).  Any feedback would
be appreciated.
Also - any books that you can suggest that talk about nutrition, body image
or physical activity would be great too - I can pass this information to the
people responsible for these sections.
Thanks,
Tricia Wilkerson
Tricia Wilkerson, Health Promoter