From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 14:54:54 -0500
Since the term "health promotion" is a contested term, I would not assume
that you have "all the literature."  You may wish to examine our www site
(University of Toronto Health Promotion Program), at http//phs.med.utoronto.ca

Once in the MHSc Program in HP, we have links to the a) Ottawa Charter; b)
Jarkarta Declaration; c) CPHA Action Statement on Health Promotion, and d)
the UK Charter on health promotion.

If you know all about this, my apologies. I have long thought that Cancer
Societies should take note of the general stress and adaptation literature
in addition to the usual stuff about smoking, drinking, sun,  activity, and
nutrition. Evidence suggests that economic inequality is as good a
predictor of cancer mortality as anything else is!

Dennis Raphael

At 09:52 AM 11/3/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>I am a recent subscriber to this listserv.  I'm currently working on a
>project at the Canadian Cancer Society - Ontario Divsion in which I 'm
>trying to determine a strategic direction for the CCS'with respect to
>selecting and using a health promotion framework to guide program planning
>within the context of its current organizational structure.
>
>I have collected all of the important strategic statements (past and
>present) re: health promotion, but I am interested in being pointed toward
>literature on health promotion/organizational development/organizational
>change, etc.
>
>Also, if anybody has had experience grappling with a similar issue, I would
>like to hear from you.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Carol Gold
>Coordinator, Program Development
>Canadian Cancer Society - Ontario Divsion
>1639 Yonge Street
>Toronto, ON  M4T 2W6
>ph: (416) 488-5402 ext. 2222
>fax: (416) 488-6136
>e-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Visit our Web Site for Free Copies of Our Community Quality of Life Reports!

http://www.utoronto.ca/qol

   Canalising a river
   Grafting a fruit tree
   Educating a person
   Transforming a state
   These are instances of fruitful criticism
   And at the same time instances of art.
       -Bertolt Brecht

Dennis Raphael, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Associate Director,
Masters of Health Science Program in Health Promotion
Department of Public Health Sciences
Graduate Department of Community Health
University of Toronto
McMurrich Building, Room 101