From:
Liz Rykert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 16:33:46 -0500
At 09:52 AM 03/11/98 -0500, Carol Gold wrote:
snip..... but I am interested in being pointed toward
>literature on health promotion/organizational development/organizational
>change, etc.

Hi Carol - one of the interesting resources I have worked on in the last
year is a group out of the States - it is, for the most part, hospital
based - however there is a stream of work on the community health side -
the group - VHA (Voluntary Hospital Association) has been looking to
complex adaptive systems to help them re-think some aspects of patient
care, community health, systems integration, organizational change and
change management. So on the org change side you may find some good
resources to help you - the url is:   http://www.edgeplace.com

Click on Think Complexity - there you will find a deep and rich resource of
stories, aides, principles, and a big bibliography.

Let me know what you think...they are holding a conference in the US in
December - registration is still open and info can be found on the site.

One of the academic contributors to Edgeplace is here in Canada - Brenda
Zimmerman - from the Shulick School of business at York University - she is
a terrific resource and well versed in the non-profit community.

Liz Rykert