From:
Celeste Wincapaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 09:49:03 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Lesley Young-Lewis [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 2000/06/27 5:37 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: endo study

Are you pregnant?   Do you have endometriosis?
If so, please consider becoming involved in this study!

We are a group of health professionals in Toronto, interested in the effects
of pregnancy and lactation on endometriosis symptoms.  I am a nurse
researcher at Ryerson University School of Nursing, and my co-investigators
work with the Regional Women's Health Center and the Center for Research in
Women's Health in Toronto.

We are looking for women currently pregnant to become involved in a study
which will follow you through the first six months after the baby is born.
You will be sent three questionnaires.  The first one is to be completed
while you are pregnant (last trimester), and the second and third
questionnaires will be sent to you at 12 weeks and 24 weeks following your
baby's birth.  If you like to use email we can send them to you that way, or
we can send them through regular mail or fax.  There will be no costs
incurred on your part, except your time!

The questionnaires will include items related to your health, your
endometriosis history, your pregnancy(ies) and your infant feeding.  You
will also be asked to rate your endometriosis symptoms on a scale of 1-10.
All information will be kept confidential and you will be assigned a code
number for identification purposes.

If you can help us with this project, please contact me at:
[log in to unmask]; (416)-979-5000 ext. 6573; or
Lesley Young-Lewis, RN, Ph.D.; School of Nursing, Ryerson University, 350
Victoria Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5B 2K3