From:
DKProj Mgt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 11:35:59 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 16:14:49 -0400
From: Paul F. Cataldo <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Colleague:

On behalf of the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
(NIAAA), I am writing to inform you about a new publication on preventing
underage alcohol use that "has parents talking." I believe that this
educational NIAAA booklet, Make a Difference, Talk to Your Child About
Alcohol, will interest both you and your colleagues. In focus groups
throughout the United States, parents are overwhelmingly positive about
the information provided in this concise booklet.

Make a Difference, Talk To Your Child About Alcohol begins with a list of
the most common risks encountered by preteens and teens who experiment
with alcohol. Following this, a review is provided to help parents
understand the many physical, psychological, and emotional changes that
occur during adolescence. The next section, Tips for Communicating With
Your Teen, presents both general ideas on parent-child communication and
specific suggestions about talking to young people about alcohol. The
booklet concludes with practical examples of ways to prevent children from
starting to drink and warning signs of alcohol abuse.

NIAAA invites you to assist us in our efforts to educate both parents and
youth about alcohol abuse by including an announcement about the
availability of Make a Difference, Talk to Your Child About Alcohol on
your ListServ. To get on-line access to this booklet in its entirety,
visit: http://silk.nih.gov/silk/niaaa1/publication/children.pdf *

Other publications about alcohol abuse and alcoholism may be found at:
http://www.niaaa.nih.gov

Single copies or bulk quantities may be ordered.  We hope that you will
find this publication helpful and that you are interested in publicizing
Make a Difference, Talk to Your Child About Alcohol to your constituents.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss other ways to reach
your colleagues with this important information, please contact me at
(202) 842-7600, ext. 368, or e-mail me at [log in to unmask]
Should you decide to publicize Make a Difference, Talk to Your Child About
Alcohol to your colleagues, please inform me so that I can acknowledge
your efforts.

Sincerely,

Paul F. Cataldo
Director of Marketing

To order free copies of Make a Difference, Talk To Your Child About
Alcohol (inventory no.: PAM007)

please write to:
NIAAA Publications Distribution Center
P.O. Box 10686
Rockville, MD 20849-0686

*(You will need Adobe Reader to view this PDF document, which can be
downloaded free at: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html)