Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 10:02:34 +0200
Subject: WHO health promotion website
Author:  P.I. HEITKAMP at whohq3
Date:    16.7.97 11,25

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that the World Health Organization website for the
4th International Conference on Health Promotion in Jakarta, 21-25 July and the
work of the Health Promotion division at WHO is now fully operational. This
website prepared in collaboration with The Health Education Authority (HEA) and
ULTRALAB, at Anglia Polytechnic University is live at:

http://who.ultralab.anglia.ac.uk

The site has 3 main areas:

* the WHO approach to Health Promotion
* the 4th International Conference on Health Promotion in Jakarta
* the Division of Health Promotion, Education and Communication at WHO

A highlight of the site is the Open Forum, in the conference area. As Dr Ilona
Kickbusch, Director of the Health Promotion, Education and Communication
Division says in her introduction to the Open Forum:

The aim of this Open Forum is to stimulate debate and to allow those who are
not going to Jakarta - as well as those who are - to participate in some of the
discussions. It is a way of enabling you - wherever you are - to share with
others your ideas and experience around health promotion. It is also a working
model of how the new information and communications technologies can be used
effectively.

The discussions which take place in the Open Forum will be reported on and
developed at Jakarta.  It s important, therefore, that your opinions are there.
Have a look now!  There are some discussion topics there already - you can add
your thoughts to them, or you can start a new topic.

We aim to have the key speeches and key background papers available on the web
during the Jakarta Conference from 21-25 July.

the Health Education and Health Promotion Unit
wishes you an enjoyable visit on the web!