From:
Braz King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 12:26:38 -0500
Anonymous,

To clarify, my original message which used Dennis and Alana's exchange to
illustrate that there are a variety of approaches to Health Promotion I was
not suggesting that he was being confrontationl with Alana.  I was referring
to the approach to dealing with the government that I interpret Dennis as
taking.

I don't disagree with you about the need to "be upset" and "cry outrage"
over critical issues.  But wouldn't you agree that not everyone is suited to
this kind of action but might be skilled/comfortable with other approaches?
Is it not beneficial to the overall goals of health promotion to have both
the confrontational and collaborative approaches being utilized concurrently?

I am curious why you chose to share your opinions anonymously when you are
advocating for public action.

Braz King
Managing Director
Smaller World Communications