From:
Alana LaPerle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 17:01:23 UT
I am involved in a project to develop a "Release Kit" for female inmates that
will assist in their safe transition back into community life after release
from a correction site. The kit might include anything from information about
and contacts for community services and resources to personal items. Inmates
from both the federal and provincial institutions in the Edmonton area will be
directly involved in designing, developing and evaluating the release kit.

Apparently, something similar has been developed somewhere in central Canada.
Possibly in connection with the Kingston institution. In the interest of not
reinventing the wheel, I would greatly appreciate hearing about similar
projects or resources.

Thanks for your help,

Alana