From:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 10:30:46 -0500
It does appear that some CLICK4HP readers misunderstood the reason for
my posting on the FORCES anti-anti-smoking web site. One posting seems
to wonder why it was posted to CLICK4HP - if I read them right. As the
technical owner of CLICK4HP and one of its three facilitators I would
have thought the reasons for the posting were obvious.

Let me explain in one short paragraph. The forces represented by FORCES
are out there and at work. They are as damaging to health as are all
those current and ex-federal cabinet members who are so inter-twined
with the tobacco industry in this country. At a minimum health promoters
have to maintain surveillance on these pockets of pro-tobacco stupidity.
Being stupid does not make them weak, and being right does not make
health promotion strong. In areas such as tobacco the stakes are high
for the corporate 'boys in the back room' (they are mainly overgrown
boys) and nobody should forget that this fight is political, not just a
question of knowledge and learning. In short, the purpose was to remind
us that the opposition is out there and this is a political struggle.

I might add that if you have a website of your own you might want to go
to my website http://dkglobal.org . It is under construction at the
moment but on the front page you can click (right mouse button) on the
"Tobacco Free WebSite" graphic and paste it to your web page. What is a
Tobacco Free WebSite? The answer is obvious!

Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]> CLICK4HP Mgt