Sender:
From:
Christine Preece <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 12:51:31 -0400
For everyone's interest HIP is not a "self-esteem" project but a smoking
prevention program that deals indirectly with the topic of self-esteem. You
need to review in order to understand the concept. It has been researched,
pilot tested, and evaluated. You only need to talk to the youth to find out
their thoughts on this program.

At 06:37 AM 05/09/2001 PDT, you wrote:
>For those considering using self esteem as a focus of health promotion
activities, you may
>wish to read this critical review that indicates that such efforts are
misguided.

>Raphael, D. (1993). Self-esteem and health: What should our focus be?
Issues in Health
>Promotion Monograph Series. Toronto: Centre for Health Promotion,
University of Toronto and