From:
"d.raphael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 15:12:21 PST
Forwarded Message:
From: Lorraine Khachatourians <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 13:38:50 -0600
Subject: What is Health Promotion? by Maurice B. Mittelmark
To: 'hplink' <[log in to unmask]>

What is Health Promotion? A talk presented January 18, 2000, at a
dinner-debate with Members of Parliament of the European Union, arranged
by
the International Union for Health Promotion and Education, on the theme
'Equity in Health: Health Promotion, its Effectiveness and its Pertinence
to Health' by Maurice B. Mittelmark
Research Centre for Health Promotion, University of Bergen, Norway
IUHPE Global Vice President for Scientific Development
Go to:
http://www.iuhpe.nyu.edu/whatsnew/healthpromotion.html

You might also want to check out the rest of the IUHPE site at:
http://www.iuhpe.nyu.edu/index.html

The 'What's New' link has many interesting pieces on international
activities and initiatives.
http://www.iuhpe.nyu.edu/whatsnew/index.html

Information is also available about the upcoming Second International IUHPE
Conference in Paris in July 2001.

HPLINK Administrator
Lorraine Khachatourians
Visit the Saskatchewan Heart Health Program
Dissemination Phase website at:
http://www.usask.ca/healthsci/che/hhdis

Prairie Region Health Promotion Research Centre
University of Saskatchewan
Visit our centre website at:
http://www.usask.ca/healthsci/che/prhprc

Our Web Sites have information and reports from all of our Quality of Life
Projects!
http://www.utoronto.ca/qol     http://www.utoronto.ca/seniors

In the early hours I read in the paper of epoch-making projects
On the part of pope and sovereigns, bankers and oil barons.
With my other eye I watch
The pot with the water for my tea
The way it clouds and starts to bubble and clears again
And overflowing the pot quenches the fire.

 -- Bertolt Brecht

Dennis Raphael, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Public Health Sciences