From:
"d.raphael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:02:48 PST
These three articles may be of interest.

The BMJ articles are available at http://www.bmj.com

The HPI article is available from me.
How policy informs the evidence
     George Davey Smith, Shah Ebrahim, and Stephen Frankel
     BMJ 2001;322 184-185

Using evidence to inform health policy: case study
     Sally Macintyre, Iain Chalmers, Richard Horton, and Richard Smith
     BMJ 2001;322 222-225

The question of evidence in health promotion.
     Dennis Raphael
     Health Promotion International, 2000;15 355-367.

Our Web Sites have information and reports from all of our Quality of Life
Projects!
http://www.utoronto.ca/qol     http://www.utoronto.ca/seniors

In the early hours I read in the paper of epoch-making projects
On the part of pope and sovereigns, bankers and oil barons.
With my other eye I watch
The pot with the water for my tea
The way it clouds and starts to bubble and clears again
And overflowing the pot quenches the fire.

 -- Bertolt Brecht

Dennis Raphael, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Public Health Sciences