From:
Liz Rykert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:53:37 -0500
Hi All - thought it might be interesting for people to go check out this
lead story on Diane Marleau - Straight Goods is a new Mag style site on the
left - reporting ona range of issues important to Canadians - Yesterday it
was selected as the Globe Site of the Week - interesting - anyway have a
look - I would be interested ot hear what people think about the story and
about what it means for Health Promotion in the context of the changes
being proposed on the healthcare front - especially in Alberta - Tell us
what you think.

Liz Rykert (a sometimes remiss but always well intentioned occaisional
co-facilitator and owner of click4hp)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Defiant Diane Marleau blows the whistle to save medicare

At http://www.straightgoods.com today:

- Were Diane Marleau and medicare shown the door?
In an exclusive interview, former health minister Diane Marleau tells
Straight Goods reporter Colleen Fuller how she fought the spread of private
health care, now closing in on Albertans, Ontarians and all Canadians
because of the battle she lost.

Also today at www.straightgoods.com:

- Straight Goods named Globe and Mail site of the week
We’re so proud we could just burst at our digital seams!

- Net News:  Canadians poised to succeed in e-business, by Pat Daley
Long rumoured defunct, Coach House Books is alive and well and living on
the Internet.

- How to choose a health club,  by Lanny Boutin
Before you sign up with a fitness club, make sure it offers what you need,
on a schedule that meshes with your day-to-day routine.

- In praise of higher energy costs, by Suzanne Elston
An increase in the cost of fuel and electricity should lead to
conservation…but will it?

- World hunger and FrankenPea - animation warns "of things to come"

- Conrad Black bleeding red ink over Calgary Herald Strike

PLEASE:
- If you don’t want to receive any more bulletins, please tell us and we’ll
remove you from our lists!
- If you know people who would like to receive this bulletin please tell us
that too.

Ish Theilheimer, Publisher

Straight Goods
Canada's DAILY on-line consumer and news watchdog
http://www.straightgoods.com