From:
Susan MacMillan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 08:15:29 -0700
Hello, everyone

Discussions on this list serve have addressed some of the issues of defining
health promotion and identifying how it is, or may be, practiced.  In
addition, there have been various discussions around visions of health
promotion practice in an electronic age in our and other countries.  At the
same time, there are regular requests for subject specific information,
sources, and ideas.

Given the new practices available (at least to some) within health promotion
and given that we have seen many swings in the political approaches at all
levels of government, I would like to hear from subscribers about the roles
that government (all levels) should/could play in health promotion.  This
includes whether they should fund health promotion or participate in the
process.  I would also be interested to know if there are specific types of
health promotion activities that you feel governments should support.

I look forward to responses to the list or to my personal address.

Susan MacMillan