From:
Susan Santiago <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 09:57:20 -0500
I work with the Motherisk program at the Hospital for Sick Children.  We provide
information about the risk/safety of medications, diseases, chemicals, alcohol
and drugs of abuse during pregnancy and lactation.   I have 2 questions:

1.  Can anyone suggest a cost-effective way to reach young women (below the age
of 18) with information about the effects of alcohol and drugs of abuse during
pregnancy?  For example, if you are aware of an up-coming health forum that is
targeting youth, I'd love to know about.

2.  Motherisk also talks to women about the effects of HIV and HIV treatment
during pregnancy.  Does anyone know of a Canadian clinic that helps couples in
which the husband is HIV+ and the wife HIV- to have children through IVF (the
procedure involves sperm washing). There is such a clinic in Boston, but we're
looking for help here in Canada.

Many thanks.