CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
Sarah Simkin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in International Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 06:45:08 -0500
Sarah Simkin
114 Rideau Street
Kingston, ON    K7K 2Z9

Dear Sir or Madam,

        I am very interested in spending some time volunteering in a developing
country, and I am writing to offer my services as an assistant health care
professional in a project with an international development organization
for the summer of 1998.
        I am currently in my first year of clinical medicine at Queen's University
in Kingston, Ontario, Canada.  In May, after having finished one year of
medical school, I will have learned how to take a medical history and do a
complete physical examination, and I will have studied basic medical
sciences, medical microbiology, clinical immunology, the musculoskeletal
system, infectious diseases, hematology, oncology, dermatology, and
medicine in society.
        I am interested in many aspects of health care, including primary health
care provision, pediatrics, health promotion and disease prevention, rural
medicine, epidemiological research, ethnobotany, holistic health care,
health education, and sustainable community development.
        I enjoy challenge and always look forward to new experiences.  I am a
flexible and creative thinker, and I work well both independently and in a
group, either as a leader or team member.  I am a good listener, and am
completely fluent in both spoken and written French.  I bring energy and
enthusiasm to everything I undertake, and I think that I would be a
valuable addition to your organization.
        I am available to participate in a development project any time between
June 1st and August 31st.  If you are aware of any opportunities that may
be of interest to me, please feel free to contact me any time.
        Thank you for your assistance - I am eagerly looking forward to hearing
from you!

Sincerely,

Sarah Simkin