From:
Jean-Marc Dupont <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:14:42 -0500
Celestine Tsobou recently asked:

...snip... four years ago I participated in an MTS and VIH study in pregnant
women.  The study was conducted in Africa and initiated by an european organism.
Since then, I left my country for Canada and I was surprised to find out that the
results of the study were published with my name on it.  I know that there was some
ethical problems.  Do they have the right to do that without my permission?

Jean-Marc Dupont responds:

Bonjour Célestine,

I would try contacting the Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network Célestine. While author
rights and such may not be their most pressing issue, if anyone can help you with
your question, it's them. Their web site (I am a little biased, but in  my opinion,
in terms of content they are second to none anywhere in the world on these issues)
address is: http://www.aidslaw.ca . Leur site est aussi complètement bilingue et je
t'encourage à y jeter un petit coup d'oeil. Leurs coordonnées s'y trouvent
évidemment aussi.

Bonne chance
--
Jean-Marc Dupont