From:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 10:28:42 -0500
Central East Health Information Partnership (CEHIP)

Position Available - Computer Support Person
About us:       CEHIP is the Health Intelligence Unit for Central East Ontario
- a consortium of eight public health units, four district health
councils and four universities.  Please visit our website   HYPERLINK
http://www.cehip   http://www.cehip  for more information.

Location:       Our office is located in the York Region Administrative
Centre, in Newmarket.

The job:        We require expert professional support for our LAN and Internet
applications.  Following an initial orientation period the successful
candidate would work onsite approximately two days per week and be
available, on-call, at other times.  This position reports to the
Director.  Applications from both individuals and firms are invited.

General - assemble, configure, repair and upgrade personal computers and
peripherals
Duties:
- support a variety of software applications in a networked Windows/NT
environment
- network configuration, administration and maintenance
- support CEHIP website and list servers
- provide advice on the acquisition of new hardware and software

Specific:
- MS Office, Front Page & Visual Basic  - Hummingbird GQL & PaBLO
Applications:
        - SPSS
        - MapInfo
- Windows NT 4.0 Server & Workstation
- Lotus 1-2-3
- SL Mail                                       - Corel 8.0
- Ascent Router technology                      - IIS 3.0

Credentials:
- successful completion of a university program in computer science or
equivalent
- proven competence in the General and Specific aspects of the position
as noted above
- ability to work effectively and creatively in a small office
environment
- above average verbal and written communication skills

Salary:         - negotiable

Interested?
- please forward a letter of application, your resume and compensation
expectations to:

John McGurran, Director
Central East Health Information Partnership
P.O. Box 234
Newmarket, Ontario.  L3Y 8J1
(905) 764 6346 ext 1207
  HYPERLINK mailto:[log in to unmask]   [log in to unmask]

Process:
This notice was circulated and posted on our website on January 8,
1999.  Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate has been
found.  Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.  Thank
you.