From:
Alana LaPerle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 09:13:54 -0600
While I agree that we should not stifle debate on this list - indeed, one of
the major purposes of the list is to encourage debate and discussion - we
should also recognize that another purpose of the list is to allow people to
request and obtain information without a lecture on what is "good" practice
or "bad" practice. I, for one, like to start from the assumption that the
members of this list are intelligent enough to know that social change
(including individual behavior change) is complex and not achieved solely
through the application of a theory. I would hate to think that people might
stop asking for input for fear of being ridiculed for their effort.

Alana