From:
Laura O'Grady <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:30:51 -0400
>I am looking for policies, practices, stories and other useful information
>on copyright, privacy, partnerships, sponsorship, editorial and design
>guidelines. If your health organization, whether voluntary, public or
>commercial, has or is addressing these issues, and you would like to share
>your learnings, please contact me.

Evaluating web sites is the topic of my thesis.  Here are a few online
references of material I found useful.

Canadian Health Network (date unknown). How to find the most trustworthy
health information Web sites [Online]. Available:
http://www.canadian-health-network.ca/html/help/netinfoe.html

Health Summit Working Group (1998). Criteria for assessing the quality of
health information [Online]. Available:
http://hitiweb.mitretek.org/hswg/documents/default.asp

McClure, C.R., Sprehe, J.T. & Eschenfelder, K. (2000). Performance Measures
for federal agency websites. [Online]. Available:
http://fedbbs.access.gpo.gov/library/list/files/indexn.htm?lib=MEASURES&orde
r=ascending+set&count=50&search=name&set

Laura
_

Laura O'Grady, Graduate student
Curriculum, Teaching and Learning / Measurement and Evaluation
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education / University of Toronto
Toronto, ON, CANADA

-