CANCHID Archives

Canadian Network on Health in Development

CANCHID@YORKU.CA

From:
Paul Moroz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Canadian Network on Health in Development <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 22:34:53 -0400
Kevin,
Thanks for bringing our attention to this excellent site.

I am particularly impressed with the section for residents in training.
I am always worried that we lose many international health enthusiasts
(?sp) between those early "idealistic" years of medical school and the
more "down-to-earth", realism-laced residency years which usually
culminate in big-time debt and an unfortunate loss of interest or
opportunity in international health.  I think this is particularly true
for residents NOT in community medicine or international health related
residencies - like surgery for example, where residents get little, if
any, exposure to international health during their training.

Cheers, Paul Moroz