From:
Jennifer Poole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 13:01:47 -0600
There are lots of training opportunities coming up at the SHRC/OSHNET.

Please see below for a list of our in-house workshops..And for
professionals, please scroll down to description of next Wednesday's
workshop-"What's my role? Working with self-help groups."

For more information, please visit out web site at www.selfhelp.on.ca. and
remember, if you can't make the workshops, we can come to you!

Jennifer

Sessions for everyone

 How to start a self-help group

A two hour introductory workshop on how to start a group, solve problems and
delegate tasks.
Free. All welcome.
Dates: Tuesday (s).7-9 pm. March 21, April 18, May 16

 Handling conflict in self-help groups.

A two hour workshop on identifying and addressing sources of conflict in
self-help groups.
Free. All welcome.
Date: Tuesday, April 4: 7-9 pm.

 Is this working?

Charting growth in a self-help initiative. A two hour workshop on choosing
and using evaluation tools for self-help groups, networks, programs and
organizations.
Free. All welcome.
Date: May, 2000-TBA

Workshops For Helping Professionals

 What's my role? (Part 1 of 2)

An introduction to mutual aid for the helping professional. A three hour
overview of self-help and appropriate roles for the professional with a
self-help group. Bring your case-studies and stories for discussion.
Facilitators: Lynda MacInnes, Executive Director (SHRC) and Jennifer Poole,
Co-ordinator (OSHNET).
Refreshments and materials included in cost.
Date: Wednesday, March 8, 2000: 8:30 am-12:00 pm

 Passing the mantle (Part 2 of 2)

Making the transition from professional to member leadership.  The group is
over, but the members want to keep meeting? This is a full-day workshop on
how to develop and implement a successful transition process from your
facilitation to the members' leadership. Includes: knowing the differences
between self-help and professionally-led support, timing, developing a
transition team and saying goodbye. Facilitators: Jennifer Poole (OSHNET),
members of transitioned self-help groups and professionals who have passed
the mantle!
Refreshments, lunch and materials included in cost .
Date: Wednesday, March 30, 2000: 8:30am-4:00pm

Location (for all workshops)

2nd Floor Meeting Room
Northern District Library
40 Orchard View Blvd., Toronto  (just north of Yonge & Eglinton)
(416) 487-4355

To register: please call us at (416) 487-4355 for a form or print one out
from our website www.selfhelp.on.ca