Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 12:14:06 -0800
You might want to check out an initiative called Moving the Economy. They
had a conference two years ago and documented case studies internationally
(I edited this document). I remember an initiative of using school buses for
rural transit somewhere in Quebec. Ask them about it.

The website is www.city.toronto.on.ca/mte
The database of case studies is at:
http://w4.metrotor.on.ca/inter/mte/mte.nsf/$defaultview?OpenView&Count=5
You should also investigate the U.S. examples - some organizations have done
a lot of activism on transportation equity issues.

Good luck!

Gillian Kranias
Coordinator, Ontario Self-Help Network (OSHNET)
Self-Help Resource Centre (SHRC)
40 Orchard View Blvd., Ste. 219,
Toronto, ON M4R 1B9
Tel: (416) 487-4355