From:
"Mitchell, Lisa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:14:01 -0500
Hi there!

I am currently in search of definitions for two terms, "holistic health" and
"an integrated approach to health"?  I would welcome information and sources
that people may possess with respect to these terms which are bantered
about...but what do we really mean by them?

Re:  "Holistic Health", I am already familiar with the Neumans Systems Model
for Nursing (1995).

With respect to "integrated approach to health" - I have been thinking about
integration of risk factors (i.e.: physical inactivity, tobacco etc),
comprehensive approaches (ie:awareness, education etc), an expansion from
the medical model, the continuum of health (i.e.: health promotion,
prevention, treatment) etc.

Looking forward to your input,

Lisa Mitchell
Health Promoter
Heart Health and Cancer Prevention Program
Halton Region Health Dept.
Tel: (905) 825-6060 Ext: 7693
Fax: (905) 825-8588
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]